DATA - Our proprietary property transactiondata -
Buyers, sellers, prices, cap rates...
Up to a hundred cases delivered monthly in PDF and Excel formats.
REPORTS - Monthly analysis reports on market trends -
In-depth analysis on local market trends, transactions,
rents, etc. Each PDF contains up to 20 pages.
Transactions: 1Q 2016 Positive Effects of Negative Interest Transactions exceed 1 trillion yen for the first time in 3 quarters
For the first time in 3 quarters, the transaction amount in the first quarter (January to March) of 2016 exceeded 1 trillion yen [$9.2 billion]. Propelled by a tail wind caused by the introduction of a negative interest rate announced in January, fund procurement and property acquisition by REITs are becoming vibrant. While large transactions follow...
NEWS - Daily news updates on transactions, strategies, etc. -
Filled with current, hard-to-find actual information on buying, selling, and
leasing deals. Up to five new articles daily.
Hulic acquires Daikanyama, Shibuya-ku office building
Hulic obtained the Square Daikanyama Building, an office property in Daikanyamacho, Shibuya-ku. The company plans to sell the property after increasing its value. The transaction took place in March 2016 and the seller was Fuyo General Lease. Apparel brand Tommy Hilfiger Japan exclusively leased the building and was using it as its headquarters as of May 2016.
Orix subsidiary moving into Azabu Green Terrace
Ubiteq, a subsidiary of Orix, will relocate its headquarters to Azabu Green Terrace in Minami-Azabu, Minato-ku. The company will lease 255 tsubo [843 m2] in the building and start operations on May 30. The relocation is aimed at streamlining business operations by concentrating three dispersed offices including that of consolidated subsidiary Ubiteq Solutions. A total of 120 employees will work at the new location.
Electrical manufacturer sells building in Minato-ku’s Kaigan
Toko Takaoka, which is engaged in the electric power plant and other businesses, sold Bright East Shibaura, a mixed-use building comprised of offices, residences and other facilities in Kaigan, Minato-ku. The transaction took place in February 2016 and the buyer was special purpose company GK SIM Shibaura.
Unizo obtains Kanda office building from Ichigo
Unizo Real Estate (formerly Jowa Real Estate) of Chuo-ku purchased Auspice Uchikanda, an office property in Uchikanda, Chiyoda-ku in April 2016. Unizo will lease the property to tenants. The seller was a special purpose company formed by Ichigo Group Holdings.
United Urban REIT to purchase logistics facility in Saitama
United Urban, a REIT affiliated with trading house Marubeni, signed a contract on May 25 to purchase the Kawagoe Logistics Center in Kawagoe City, Saitama Prefecture. The price is 7.55 billion yen [$69 million] and the seller is logistics company SBS Logicom of Sumida-ku. The handover will take place on June 17.
Manufacturer leasing five floors in Shiodome Shibarikyu (corrected)
Daifuku, which is listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, will relocate its Tokyo head office to the Shiodome Shibarikyu Building in Kaigan, Minato-ku. The company and its group companies will lease the five floors from the 14th through the 18th in the building, which has a typical floor plate of 330 tsubo [1,090 m2]. Operations will start at the new location on September 26.
Rating agency R&I moving into Kanda’s Terrace Square
Rating and Investment Information (R&I) will move its headquarters to Terrace Square in Kanda-Nishikicho, Chiyoda-ku sometime around November 2016. R&I is part of the Nikkei group and is engaged in the rating of corporations, financial publication, consulting on investment management and other businesses.
Tosei buys office building in Kagurazaka, Shinjuku-ku
Real estate company Tosei obtained the Kagurazaka Plaza Building, an office property in Kagurazaka, Shinjuku-ku, in December 2015. The sellers were real estate lease and management business IFE of Shinjuku-ku and multiple individuals. The buyer obtained a provisionally-registered mortgage in the amount of 2.1 billion yen [$19 million] from Aozora Bank in order to purchase the property.
Our regularly updated proprietary survey on market trends.
A map and list of the 160 large-scale office building development projects currently in progress in Tokyo.
Founded in 1969, Nikkei Business Publications is the publisher of the Nikkei Real Estate Market Report and is the leading provider of business information and commercial property transaction data for Japan. Part of the Nikkei Group, one of the world's largest financial media companies, Nikkei Business Publications is based in Tokyo and has over 900 employees.
Please direct your questions and comments on our editorial contents to Jun Homma.
For questions on fees, passwords, etc.,
please contact Customer Service. >>
© 2007-2016 NIKKEI BUSINESS PUBLICATIONS, INC. All rights reserved.
- Mitsubishi JV obtaining 20,000 m2 condo development site for Y9bn
- Tosei buys office building in Kagurazaka, Shinjuku-ku
- Sankei obtains office building in Ikebukuro
- Apa wins foreclosure bid for Kabukicho, Shinjuku-ku hotel site
- Manufacturer leasing five floors in Shiodome Shibarikyu (corrected)
- Rating agency R&I moving into Kanda’s Terrace Square
- Hulic acquires Daikanyama, Shibuya-ku office building
- Ministry of Finance puts property near Aoyama Gakuin University on market
- United Urban REIT to purchase logistics facility in Saitama
- Condo seller Hoosiers aims REIT IPO in 2020
- Mitsubishi JV secures 3,300 m2 condo site in Shibuya
- Porsche moving into Toranomon Hills
- LaSalle JV constructing 120,000 m2 GFA warehouses in Sakai City, Osaka
- Tobu Railway obtains 3,600 m2 Itabashi-ku site for Y2.9bn
- Seiko Epson sells 100,000 m2 of land at Y12bn profit
- Invesco REIT acquiring five properties for Y50bn
- US medical service firm moving to new Nihonbashi building
- Sun Frontier sells Jinbocho, Chiyoda-ku office building
- Yahoo affiliate moving to Minami-Aoyama Bright Square
- Marimo forms first RE fund with Y5.4bn in four assets
- China Ping An becomes largest shareholder of Japanese developer Ascot
- Mizuho consolidates asset management arms in Tekko Building
- Apa purchases hotel site in Shintomi, Chuo-ku
- Tokyu Corp acquires building near Shibuya Station
- HJ Asset Management obtains Shinbashi apartments for Hong Kong individual
- Six Fukuoka Island City blocks being sold for Y10bn
- Hulic acquiring Hotel Grand Pacific for over Y65 bn
- Aeon REIT investing Y6bn in Malaysia, second foreign investment
- Sumitomo Corp private REIT increases ownership in Queen's Square Yokohama (corrected)
- Marubeni acquires Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku buildings for condominium development
- Notice on Revision of Subscription Fee 03.26.2014
- Industry Standard Property Index Expands Footprint in Asia 06.28.2013
- Notice regarding terminology 01.01.2012
- 2009 Year in Review - Nikkei RE Releases Top 20 Deals by Price 01.04.2010
- Introducing the Completely Revamped Monthly Report 09.04.2009
- Japan's Property Information Source Unveils Exclusive Rent Survey 11.18.2008
- Wave of Record-Setting Transactions Observed in September 2007 10.24.2007
- The Nikkei Real Estate Market Report Starts in July 07.01.2007
- Frequently Asked Questions (in Japanese text) 06.30.2007